Question

whats wrong with my friend??
my friend suffered from depression many years ago and used medication for a long time. for the past 4 years she went for regular check-ups and consultations with her doctor and he didn't think it necessary to put her back on any medication.

recently, thought, she has been acting very strange. she is moody and emotional, always late for work and appointments, drink more than usual at social gatherings, tend to speak very loud and very fast (to the extend that it's sometimes difficult to understand her), she looks tired and "run-down".

i am really worried - do you think she's depressed again? should i try and convince her to see another doctor, since her doc thinks she's doing fine. she definately does not look "fine" to me..?

Sounds like she might well have become Depressed again ( for many of us it is a recurrant illness ). Of course other types of problem are possible too, such as a drinking problem. DO try gently to encourage her to see another doctor for a proper assessment. as you say, she doesn't sound at all "fine" --- maybe she has so far managed to hide this from her usual doc