Question

WHEEZING CHEST
I' m a 62 year old female and am prone to bronchitis. After months of treatment with various antibiotics and bottles &  bottles of various kinds of cough medicine I still continue to cough up phlem and at times, especially at night my chest wheezes (but this also comes and goes and is not continuous). The coughing spells also vary from frequently to infrequently. I also seem to have a lot of mucous from my nose especially first thing in the morning. I am not on a medical aid therefore have not gone for x-rays, or any other treatment as I cannot afford it. Is there another form of healing myself.

Dear Carol
It sounds as if you may have chronic bronchitis or even a chronic sinusitis. Try doing salt water sinus rinses. Use something like Drixine first to open the nasal passages. Make up a salt mixture with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup luke warm water ( boiled cooled down if possible). Sniff it up into the nose and blow out or spray into the nose with an empty Drixine bottle. Do this 3-4 times per day. Try using a immune booster like Echinacea ( you can buy over the counter at most pharmacies) and do get a flu injection!
If this doesn't help you may need to see a GP or visit a outpatient department at your nearest provincial hospital for further tests.