Question

When to examine breasts after partial hystorectomy
Hello doctor,

could you please advise me when to examine my breasts each month since I don't know my hormonal cycle status after my hystorectomy. I still have my ovaries and my gp cannot help me with this matter. I need to know when I'm supposed to menstruate so that I can do my monthly breast examination during the correct time.

Best regards.

You may have some premenstrual symptoms suich as breast tenderness. If so, do not examine your breasts at that time. Otherwise, you can examine them at any time. The reason not to examine them premenstrually is that they may be swollen and tender and thus harder to feel any lumps.