Question

Where do I find a psychiatrist or Clinical Psychologist???
Hi Dr,

You wrote back to me regarding my irrational fear of HIV, but where would I find a psychiatrist or psychologist specialising in this disorder. If you cannto refer me to someone specifically, is there an institution or similar i can call to get a name and number.

thanks

Actually, you don't need a shrink specializing in the narrowest aspect of your problem --- ANY good local psychiatrist or psychologist should be able to help you, as irrational fears are quite a common problem we deal with, even if the precise thing people fear varies somewhat. Your GP should be able to recommend a good local shrink, from his / her experience of other patients.