Question

Which fitness option is best?
Hi Doc I have decided to seriously do something about my weight this year and I believe the best place to start is cardeovascular excersises. My problem is I don't know whether to take aerobics, tae bo or tae kwan do. I have never done any of these before so I generally will be a beginner. I am overweight (about 95kgs) and desparately need to shed some weight! Please help me choose the best effective way to loose weight.

Hi Pisces

Your best option is going to be the one you enjoy the most, since you are most likely to stick with it. So why not give all 3 a try and see what seems most feasible. Also see what is most practical for you - ie fits into your day etc. Finally, if you have some weight to lose, you might like to choose the exercise that gives you the best overall workout.

Combine this with a low fat, calorie controlled well-balanced diet and you should soon be a winner!