Ask an expert

29 Jun 2005

Which specialist do you recommend?
Hi Doc,
My father is 51 and has problems breathing during winter. Every winter. He gets a whooping like cough, tight chest, shortness of breath and at times quite a bit of perspiring (not sure why).

Anyway he's seen several GP's over the years who prescribe medication but I would like this problem to be sorted out and not postponed until the next winter.

Could you please tell me the title of the specialist that deals with respiratory dificulties? Please email reply to above address.

Answer 274 views

01 Jan 0001

Mini, he should see a pulmonologist (a lung specialist). Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18607 votes