Question

White fleshy marks on penis
I am a guy in my mid-20s and sexually active with my girlfriend, and for about 2 years now I've had a couple (about 8 or so) slightly whitish, round, slightly raised fleshy marks or 'pimples' if you can call them that just below the head of my penis under my foreskin. They are not painful at all, they have never gone away and I have never found any new ones. Does anyone have any idea what this could be - I have done a little research into this and it's definately not a sexual disease - I did find some articles that described them as 'penile papules' - is this what they are and what can be done about them?

Thanks for the help.

Spots on the penis are extremely common. In fact it would be rare for a man not to have spots visible here. Pearly penile papules are the most common cause. They are often pale/white or skin-coloured, dome-shaped, and generally arranged in rows around the edge of the base of the penis. They are seen often in uncircumcised men and can be confused with genital warts. Pearly papules are not related to the wart virus and are different in appearance largely because of their arrangement in rows and their singular dome shape. Warts by contrast are usually less linear or clearly defined, can be found in clusters and may take on a more lumpy appearance. Pearly papules are not infectious, do not cause any irritation and do not require any treatment. Attempts to remove them are counterproductive.
Dr Elna McIntosh