Question

White spots / untanned marks on arms and chest
I have these white spots on my arms (which have now sort of "spread" to my chest) which just do not get tanned. We have just returned from a few days at the coast and although the rest of my body seems to be nicely tanned, the funny white spots on my arms just wouldn't get tanned at all!
I have tried to get them tanned on a sunbed before we left on holiday, but to no avail! A friend suggested that this could occur due to a calcium deficiency? It actually looks as if I have had a tan which has started peeling. Your advice would be appreciated.

Catz, it sounds like a superficial yeast infection called tinea versicolor. The best treatment is Lamisil® spray, but if the pharmacist can’t confirm the diagnosis you will have to see your doctor first. Good luck.