Question

whn to try again after laprascoopy done
Hi i had a second laprascopy & DDC done after i was previously told i had endometriosis and now again it was like the cyst was developing again, i want to know how soon after it being done can i try to fall pregnant again i was not given any medication whatsoever to help me conceive yet
fertility expert

Dear Quiete one

The issue is not how soon you could try to fall pregnant again but more imporatnly what stage of endomertiosis you are suffering from and how was this managed at the time of your last laparoscopy. In pricipal you could try to fall pregnant almost immediately if your gynaecologist has so advised. Should the endometriosis stage be more than stage 2 according to the AFS classification, or if you were told it was moderate to severe, than I would advise you to use additional fertility treatment in the form of ovulation induction agents and perhaps even combine this were some form of Assisted reproductive techniques such as IUI( INTRA UTERINE INSEMINATION).
In less severe or mild cases of endometriosis, and provided there are no other factors contributing to infertility such as tubal disease/damage , or male factor problems, then I would expect a pregnancy to ensue very soon, within the next nine months.