Question

Who else...
Just wondering how many of you are planning to get married?
My gf and I have been together for almost 5 years now and we have decided to get married next year. I tell you - we can't wait!!!

I'm just wondering how to go about someone who will actually be willing to marry us? Have you guys found solutions to this issue?

Thanks...
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Welcome to the forum Piper and thanks for posting. Congrats on deciding to get married - do you think of yourself as being engaged? :)

Any marriage officer (appointed by the Department of Home Affairs) will be able to marry you UNLESS they submit a written statement to the Minister of Home Affairs, stating that they refuse to marry same-sex couples on the grounds of conscience. Which of course sounds somewhat unconstitutional - time will tell.