Ask an expert

04 Feb 2009

I started seeing my boss just over a year ago, however it was a secret relationship, he did not want anyone to find out so we were always very descret when meeting. (probably because his my boss and its embarrasing dating your assistant) While i was seeing my boss i was not seeing anyone else because i thought something could happen and was waiting, but that never happended. The end of last year he told me that he had met someone and would like to start seeing her some more, which meant what ever we had was over. It hurt me and it still does, i sometimes run to the bathroom crying because i cannot control my feelings for him. He asks me to arrange and organize his Dec holiday away with her and now he has asked me to arrange his valentines weekend away with her. How do i handle this knowing that i was just used, i feel like shouting at him infront of everyone, but i know he will probably just fire me on the spot. How do i handle this, i have since been dating someone, but i still have very strong feelings for my boss even though he has been a jurk. I just dont know how to handle this - no i cannot leave my work because there is nothing else out their. I just need to know how to deal with this, and accept the fact that he has met someone better.
Answer 394 views

01 Jan 0001

How often must I say it --- office romances are usually a bad idea, and usually end in tears, Sounds like you had unrealistic expectations, and allowed him to use you --- so don't mourn the loss of something marvellous which was ac tually never as marvellous as it seemed at the time. Some offices would think it fine for a boss's assistant to waste compamny time planning HIS romantic retreat with his lover ; others wouldn't. But he is being tactless and unkind to ask you to do this for him --- proving that he is a Heel who you are well rid of.
I disagree with Me --- falling in "love" with the boss is not inevitable or something totally outside of your control. You allow it to happen, or you don't. I love Toffee's quote, which is well worth remembering.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.