Question

Why did I do this
I have a 2 month old baby and last night she slept in the bed with me after many attempts at trying to get her down.
I dozed off and in my sleep I pinched her and it hurt her.
Why on earth did I do this.
I have had no real sleep since her birth.

You answered your own question. You have had no real sleep since her birth, and when we are sleep deprived, we are more likely to sleep badly and fitfully, and may do things like this while asleep which of course you would never do while awake ( apart from not wanting to hurt the child, you even for the most selfish reasons would not have wanted to wake her. Youm must find others to share some of the burden especialyl at night --- what about the father ? And are there others in the family who could help even for a night or two, or even during the day, so that you could catch up on some of that much needed sleep ?