Question

Why do I end up paying?
Hi guys, I've always had long-term relationships, like a minimum of a year but I always lose interest after a year as I automatically become the "bread winner". When I meet a guy, they seem fine at first: pay for outings, etc. But usually during the third month it's either they "encounter" problems at home and they have to help so and so financially or some lousy reason. I never give a man money but things like him coming over for supper 5 times a week, you know, meat is costly. And because I'm outgoing, when we go out I now have to pay in almost all occasions. And I cannot go out alone as my girlfriends are married and I cannot take them with. When I end relationships because I feel used, people close to me say I am materialistic and should focus on love and disregard "little things in life" like paying for an outing. I'm not rich in any way but I feel that guys these days just want to milk us dry. I'm 31 and maybe too independent?

Can't you explain to them from the start that at best you might share expenses, but cannot afford to support them ? What do other readers think here ?