Question

why do some people avoid the issue?
Dear CS,

My sis and i used to be best friends while she was still studying at Stellenbosch and i was at UCT. anwyay she is married now and lives overseas and her hubby did not get along with our family.

this caused a rift between us becos after she left we only contacted each other sporadically. i used to send emails and complain alot but now i don't bother. it was her birthday a few days ago and the first time since she left i sent her a proper email. then she emails me back as if nothing has ever happened telling me about their new house and crap.

i'm glad she's safe, but why does she only write to me if i write and pretend there is no problem. she left my Mom here paying off her student loan but if we mention it or other issues she won't answer emails. if we just talk nice she writes back. why is she doing this?

why do some people like to pretend there is not elephant in the room?

Shae's response makes a whole lot of sense. But I don't see what's a mystery here --- she sounds selfish and exploiting others, so she ignores anything that might make her uncomfortable. Sounds perfectly in character, as you describe her