Question

Wife gone off sex
Spoke to her shrink and he explained his reasons to me.
Suggested we go to another shrink if we want to do couple councelling . As he has already seen her as an individual patient.
I hear where he is coming from.

I am pleased if you feel a bit comforted by whatever his explanation was. It still does not sound to me like recommended or best psychiatric / psychotherapeutic practice. It sounds like a wife who wanted someone to take her side, unquestioningly, in a conflicted situation, and who found someone rather too glad to take sides.
A shrink's job is not always to please the customer, where pleasing them may not actually be helpful for them