Question

Wife terribly messy and disoganized.
Well to start off with I love my wife too bits, we have been married for 7 years, she is a great mother to our daughter, got a heart of gold but she has a serious problem when it comes to organization and being messy.

My wife will hord articles of no value, she buys so many articles, buries them in the closet, forgets about them and goes out and buys the same articles again, sometines there are 5 of the same thing lying around. Instead of sorting, getting rid of the junk ond organizing things, she buys these multiporpose storage plastic containers and piles all sorts of junk into them. When she does any task she does not focus on it, her mind seems to be somewhere else. She starts one thing, continues with another and then at the end of the day has finished nothing but left evrything in a mess then she gets despondant saying she does not get fulfilled by what she does. I have tried all means to sort this out, being nice, asking nicely, being a bastard, throwing her shit away but it has no effect, for a day or 2 she is fine then back to her usual self.

I seriously need some good advice here as my patience is finally really being put to the test.

Counselling could help her. Also, couldn't you make it a joint project, each weekend, to set aside half a day or a day to work together on sorting out a different area of the home ?