Question

WOmen can educate and change men
Having heard of men struggling to understand and accept that women nowadays are totally independent and may in many ways “not need any thing from men anymore.” Can you let us in on your thought about the status of women in South Africa – challenges, opportunities, weaknesses and threats – especially in relationships (with men or any lover)?

This may enlighten men, so when you put your points across, do bear in mind that intention (educating men about women of today). In addition, do not point out only ills by men, provide alternatives and propose possible solution. Can we as women do this in a style, in a way that shares and empowers rather than obliterate men – they are still our husbands, boyfriends, brothers, fathers, uncles, colleagues and so forth.

I have never met "women in South Africa", only many individual women, in South Africa and elsewhere, so I hesitate to genealize. Like men, specific women enjoy a range of situations of different status, some earned and some undeserved, whether high or low. Wouldn't it be best for everyone, of both sexes to help those they relate to, to understand themselves better ?