Ask an expert

28 Jul 2010

Won case at arbitration ( ccma)
My wife won her case against her employer after dismissing her.

She was awarded 6 months salary payable within 21 days at the arbitration ( ccma) Her company has failed to pay her or even contacted her.

What next to do ?Can she eventually claim interest ??

Thanks Purple.
Answer 3,571 views
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001


Once your wife's cas has been won, then she is entitled to the payment. If you have not had receipt of payment you will receive interest but it is suggested that you have that arbitration award made an order of the labour court so that you can send a deputy sheriff to the company to attach goods to the value of the money owing to your wife. The CCMA will help you with the application to have the award made an order of the court.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.