Question

Work ungrateful
Hi there

I am feeling so used. I am one of three support staff working in a firm. I do most of the work. I am responsible for majority of the work. The other PA is meant to be a senior PA but does not do half the work that I do, not to mention that I have to deal with all the admin. All queries are shoved onto me and when I ask the other two to help me then I get a “I am too busy” but I did not know taking 40 personal calls a day is work related. Further, when I raise this with my bosses they just blow me off, they are the type that don’t like confrontation. To make matters worse, I accidentally saw what they earn and both of them earn way way more than me. I felt so cheated. The worst thing of all is that I am pregnant at the moment and can’t leave until late next year after my maternity leave. I can’t believe how they treat me. They are also the type that have no compassion for their workers and as long as their money rolls in then all is ok. There is not much I can do is there? It just makes me furious that I always do more than expected but yet they just take it for granted.

If there's an HR dept, disuss this with them. Ask your boss in writing for a formal job description, which will specify your duties as contrasted with those of the other two PA's, so that you will be better able to take care of your own core job, and refer to them matters which they ought to be dealing with. And ask him, again in writing, what you should do when overloaded with queries and other tasks passed to you by the other twop PAs. Maybe they're dreading your maternity leave, when they will have to actually start doing some of their own work, themselves ?