Question

Worms
Hi doc, I noticed recently that around my anal area it itches like crazy but its not the itch you get that after you wash or clean up it goes away, this feels more like something moving inside. I suspected worms because I am very clean, It may sound strange but I do shave that area &  I do shower twice a day. The thing is, i noticed that it normally starts itching after I shower or sometimes after I poo. I started taking some Deworming tablets. Started this morning. Is there any other reason as to why this may be happening. Its the first time Im going through this for such a long period of time.

There are a few reason why you experience anal irritation and itcheness. I suggest that you complete your course of deworming tablets but if the sensation does not disappear after 5 days, you should consult your doctor for an examination.

The condition that you are suffering from is called pruritis ani and I suggest that you refer to the following link for a detailed explanation and the causes thereof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritis_ani