Ask an expert

17 Feb 2009

My 12 yr old is showing signs of being abusive, he beats up my 6 yr old granson, hit him on the head that it' s left a soft lump, when i asked him about he screamed at me and said this little one punches him in his private parts, he was also seen throwing eggs onto oncoming cars from upstairs.
This morning he said he feels very weak at school as he his body is shutting down, doc is this depression? I recently left my fiance and this child was spoilt by him, he my fiance was abusive towards us but at the end the relatinship seemed to be between him and my son, it was scary as he gave this 12yr old a watch costing R3000, a laptop,nokia N70,paid for school outings whatver the child wanted.Knowing my ex was the role model here my son screamed at me calling me an idiot just as my ex did, the child was losing respect for me, now seems to hate me more and stays all alone in his room with the door closed playing with toys.
Lots of people suspected my ex of molesting my son, I have taken him to Teddy Bear clinic,psychiatriats etc nothing was found.
My son just clams up.I tried telling him when we left that his uncle was an abusive person but it seems like I am speaking to a wall as he shuts himself off, what can I do here?why is he tired?.his a big boy for his age, wears size 42 pants so very obese, although he swims and plays sport in school, I' ve had his thyroid tested and nothing, what do I do?.
Answer 306 views

01 Jan 0001

Lord knows what it is, but it sounds ugly. HE needs to be seen by a child shrink for a proper assessment. Maybe he's acting out in protest at yourt leaving the fiancee who spoiled him. Even if there was no molestation ( and a different specialist might have a different opinion there ) he was spoiled and is now acting out, apparently, against you for ending the gold-digging good times. See a child psychiatrist or child psychologist with him
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.