Question

20 Feb

Worried and unsure
good day, the department of labour visited our office last year. last week we received an email regarding me stating the following: 70(1) [BCEA] - Application to make a S69(1)(a) Compliance Order an Arbitration Award.. what does this mean? i had to sign a new employment contract that the inspector forwarded to my employer. my employer is also not sure what this means. am i in trouble or what could it be?
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

25 Feb

re: Worried and Unsure

If you have a compliance order from the Department of Labour you need to follow through and do as requested or at least go and defend yourself at an arbitration at the CCMA.
The problem is not yours but your employer has to get you to sign a contract.