Ask an expert

20 Feb

Worried and unsure
good day, the department of labour visited our office last year. last week we received an email regarding me stating the following: 70(1) [BCEA] - Application to make a S69(1)(a) Compliance Order an Arbitration Award.. what does this mean? i had to sign a new employment contract that the inspector forwarded to my employer. my employer is also not sure what this means. am i in trouble or what could it be?
Answer 319 views
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

25 Feb

re: Worried and Unsure

If you have a compliance order from the Department of Labour you need to follow through and do as requested or at least go and defend yourself at an arbitration at the CCMA.
The problem is not yours but your employer has to get you to sign a contract.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17892 votes