Ask an expert

23 Jun 2011

Worried Princes: I need Urgent Answer Please
Please I do need Urgent health counselling with regard to being inffected with STDs and HIV and Aids.
For an instances, I have an issues bordering me right now.
I was making
love in the process there was a brakeage of the condom.
Immediately I pulled out
and used detergent to was my penis
and force myself to urinate, later I drank anti biotic drugs.
pls I want to know if my
partner is infected with any disease, with my quick actions, would i prevent me from being infected including HIV.
Please I would like my question to be given a quick response.
Answer 231 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Prince

Although your actions may have helped to some extent in avoiding some STD's, it wont guarantee protection against HIV.

Post-exposure treatment for HIV often includes ARVs and I suggest seeing a doctor for the necessary tests and a prescription.

All the best.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17786 votes