Question

Would I have it?
This morning my fiance told me he has genital herpes. He contracted it about 15 years ago
He is divorced with 2 kids (11 & 12yrs). He says that we have not had any intercourse whilst
he had an outbreak (which he may get every 12 months or so). How would I know whether I have it and how will it affect my future eg if I want to still have kids. If I dont have it, how can we
conduct a sexual lifestyle in the times to come. Preventative measures.
GYNAEDOC

If you contract herpes you will get painful blisters, so you will know about it. Even if you did have herpes, it would not affect your ability to fall pregnant, though certain precautions might be necessary around the time of labour. Most people are infectious only during an acute attack, so if you avoided intercourse when your fiance had an attack, you would be fairly safe. A small percentage of people are infectious even when they do not have any symptoms, so if you really wanted to be absolutely safe, you should use condoms all the time.