Question

would I loose weight if...
Hi Doc, I always enjoy reading your comments and often keeps me motivated to keep eating healthy.

I recently though just "let go". Started to eat very unhealthy, loads of take-out, deep fried foods. and I ate allot as well, was forever hungry. and picked up 10kg......

I decided to start eating healthy again, i need to get the 10kg off.

i eat 4 portions of breads a day. (high fibre cereal included & only eat seed bread)
3 portions of protein
6 portions of veg & fruit.
3x portions of milk (form of yogurt, milk in cofee etc)

I eat low fat, and regulary.

My concern however is that its quite allot of food. I dont excersise at the moment, and my job is sitting on my butt infront of a computor every day.
Will I still loose weight?

What about eating late at night? I often leave some of my portions for a later snack, as I always feel like eating at about 8-9pm. Is that effecting my weight loss?

Pls advise

Dear Just Asking
Thank you for your kind words. I reckon that you will lose weight on the diet you describe as it is basically low-fat. Make sure that you eat only lean meat with all the visible fat cut off and remove the skin from chicken. Don't use cooking methods that add lots of fat - rather steam, boil, grill or pan fry in a nonstick pan. Use only fat-free milk, yoghurt and cottage cheese. Check foods you buy and stick to eating those that contain 3 or fewer grams of fat per portion. Try doing some form of exercise each day, even skipping for 30 min a day is an excellent way of losing weight. As long as the evening snack is part of your daily allowance it should not hamper weight loss.