Question

Wrong emotional reaction
I hope Cybershrink could give me advice.After three years of short term contracts, and terrible stress due to job insecurity, I have been offered a very good professional permanent position. I was initially very relieved, and I'm still extremely grateful, but now all of a sudden I have this weird emotional reaction. I want to cry all the time, even feel a bit depressed or sad or whatever, very tired, and want to creep into a corner and be alone. What the heck is going on? As said, I'm really very grateful about the job, especially because of its permanency, and in view of unemployemnt in this country, but now I experience these negative emotions?

One can start feeling emotionally fragile after something that is good luck, not only after misfortune. And do you maybe fear that you may not be up to the challenges of the new job ? ( Though 'm sure you'll be just fine there )