Question

Yasmin &amp  Doctors Fee
Can anyone give me a basic idea on how much doctor’ s fees are these days? I haven’ t been to the doctor in YEARS because I used to work at a pharmacy so I had the knowledge (and the pharmacist) to self medicate, but I was using Yasmin (which they sold without a prescription) and I’ ve been using it for close to three years but now they changed owners and I need to get a prescription. Why do you need a prescription for it?

Dear Caitlin

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is important to evaluate a patient when using Yasmin or oral contraceptives, as it does have a multitude of side-effects. Doctors do not dictate that Yasmin needs a prescription. Fees vary from R180 to R200 per consultation.

Dr Anrich Burger