Question

24 Apr 2006

Yeast infection or not?
Hi, i would like to know about the symptoms associated with yeast infections. Are they the same for everyone?

Last week i thought i was coming down with a bad case of the flu. i have a terrible headache and my body was aching. The abdominal area was the most painful area - walking was a miserable chore. I also had a slight cough with a little pleghm. At some point i experienced nausea and a bit of dizziness. I had a bit of a discharge which i assumed was normal ovulation.
I thought i could just sleep off this illness but things just became worse when i couldn't sit up at work so i went to our medical centre where i was given Doxitab (100mg) and painkillers.

Did/do i have a yeast infection? What causes it? i'm 23.

Most of the symptoms have mostly disappeared. i still experience a bit of nausea and stomach cramps with a bit of diarrhoea particularly after ingesting the Doxitab.
The Doxitab was prescribed to me by our practising Nurse and she gave me 10 pills to be taken twice a day.

Symptoms of yeast infection are a thick white discharge like cottage cheese, with vaginal itching. What you describe does not sound like this.