Question

Yoga as well as exercise?
Please tell me more about yoga and the benefits. I have a lot of stress and find it very difficult to "switch off". I do do regular exercises at gym. Can I also do yoga to help me to relax?
Yoga
yoga

Hi toe - Yoga can positively influence health and well being in a number of ways typically associated with commonly accepted medical practices. Yoga prevents and assists injuries of the muscular/skeletal systems (physical therapy), helps to prevent or reverse stress-related diseases (stress reduction), keeps the body and mind agile (anti-aging) and can influence behavior like sleep and diet (preventive medicine). Yoga influences how we think, feel about, and respond to experiences (psychotherapy), can influence our social relationships, provide a sense of social support and community (social intervention), and helps us cope with the physical and psychological pain associated with illness (complementary medicine). There are many different styles of yoga - some that are more athletic and physically based, others not - I suggest you try a few different styles in order to find the one that works best for you.
Chris