Question

Yoga in Pregnancy DVDs or classes

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and looking for a pregnancy yoga DVD or classes specifically for pregnant women. I live in JHB South (Ormonde/Ridgeway).

Thank you and regards
NM
Yoga
yoga

Hi NM, many women find that yoga assists pregnancy for both the carrying period as well as the delivery so this is definitely a good move. I generally don't recommend starting a rigorous practice when you are pregnant and the best option would be to seek out a specific prenatal class in your area as these classes are likely to be slower and easier to move into. It is also important to say that there is much diverging and contradictory advice and cautions about pregnancy within the different styles of yoga so always defer to your own body - after all part of yoga is learning to listen to it... I don't know of specific classes in your area but suggest Link Up magazine, Pregnancy magazines or your local classifieds or asking at local health stores. There are a number DVD's on the market but I don't know which are good - maybe just check at Amazon or Kalahari or your local bookstore.
All the best.
Chris