Question

Your expert opinion needed
Hi doc
just wondered if you've come across this sort of thing. i am heading on being 6 weeks pregnant, last week i experienced lots of cramping and went in for an early scan. The gynae was able to see the sac which was about 9mm, inside the sac however was something, which she says cannot be the baby because it was too big, measuring 6mm. She said it could be a blood clot. I've gone for 3 blood tests to check my hcg which is doubling. Do you have any idea what this could be, also if it is a clot, what are the implications?

Teek

Perhaps it was the yolk sac she was seeing. If the hcg is increasing, that is good sign.