Ask an expert

10 Jan 2008

your opinion is important to me please!
i have protection order against my b/f for physical abuse but i granted him to visit his child, yesterday i phoned family advocate as to how to monitor his visits and he said is not a problem if someone from my family is there because the child is 2yr and he cant take her out as the child might want to sleep sometimes.

now next week is my LO's birthday and he is offering to do something for LO, how should i handle this to be on a safe site with my protection order.
Answer 381 views

01 Jan 0001

Am I understanding that the problem is that he wants to do something for the child's birthday ? A gift should be no problem. If he wants to help pay for a aprty for the child, that too need be no problem. If he wants to host or run the party, that would probably go beyond the terms of the existing agreement. Maybe the Family Advocate needs to advise on this, too ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18755 votes