Question

Zoladex
Good morning!

I had a laparoscopy for endometriosis 2 weeks ago, this was the second time in 2 years. After the operation my dr gave me a shot of Zoladex as an extra for the endo.

He said I will not have my periods for 3 months, and I am only returning to see him again in Jan for a check up.

Yesterday I started bright red bleeding, and today it has increased to as much as a heavy period with cramps and everything.

Is this normal to have a period 2 weeks after the Zoladex shot? Could the shot have "failed"? My dr is on leave already, should I try and contact who ever is standing in for him?

Thanks!

The Zoladex does not stop periods in everyone. Wait and see what happens in the next few days. If the bleeding persists, contact the doctor.