Ask an expert

22 Jan 2010


My mum (she is 48) has been suffering from uterica since November. These rashes are really nasty, they are huge, itchy, come and go all the time. My poor mum is going crazy, she is unable to figure out the reason! She cannot find a connection between the hives and the food or cosmetic products or anything she eats/uses/drinks/etc.

Do you think she might have a problem with her thyroid gland and if so reflexology could help?

I am really worried about my mum, she hardly eats as she is obsessed that she is gonna get the rashes again.

If you have encountered anything like this before, I would be tremendously grateful for your help!!
Answer 2,934 views
Reflexology expert
reflexology expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Sharon

I can understand the concern you have for your mum. I have dealt personally with many skin conditions, whether it is hives, rashes (eg. shingles), psoriasis etc.
As a refelxologist, incorporating meridians, we don't always focus on the symptom, eg the hives. We would relate it to a meridian and take it from there.

Without a full consultation with your mum I would say that she might not be able to find the 'cause' of the hives flaring because her system is congested. And unless her system is decongested and 'clean' she might not be able to pin point what is causing the irritation.

It is like trying to do a roast in a roasting pan without cleaning it from the previous time.

Your mum would need to see a registered reflexologist so that a case history can be taken and having a look at her feet together with other signs that the body might be showing.

For a therapist close to you have a look at
If there are any other questions please feel free to ask.

I hope this helps and that it has given you and your mum a different direction to go to for relief. There is nothing more frustrating than not knowing why one's body is not functioning to its full potential.

Warmest regards,

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.