Ask an expert

01 Feb 2006

sex change hormones
i wud like to find out where i can get hold of gender hormones in south africa, im a female to male transexual who wants to have a sex change and i need to know how to go about getting one in my country if its available...
Answer 436 views
Transgender advisor
Transgender expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Kutastic

I am glad you posted on this forum, and welcome here!

An endocronologist would be the specialist to subscribe hormones to you. It would be good if you first can go to a psychologist, because the endo would like to see a letter by a psychologist who have seen you. If you can tell me in which area, or province you stay, I might be able to make suggestions.

Surely there is male hormones, Testosterone or T as it is called in short available in SA. The two main products used are Sustanon and Depatrone, you can do some read-up work on the internet about both. The most prefed to use is Depatone. If you go to the "who's the expert" section on this forum, you will find my email addy, and you can mail me direct for more info.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9370 votes
67% - 19367 votes