Ask an expert

18 Dec 2009

Desensitize penis
Is there any over the counter medicine available that I can use to desensitize my penis - would like to last longer during sex.
Answer 9,747 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Anon,

I am not aware of any endorsed over the counter treatment to desensitise your penis to last longer. Premature ejaculation is the most common male sexual problem.

Premature ejaculation can be treated by means of behavioral techniques to help you learn to last longer.

In very extreme cases where the person has a neurological factor causing hypersensitivity, there are certain anti-depressants that doctors do prescribe, since its side effect is that men last longer. This is a last case option.

Why would you want to lose out on pleasure by numbing your penis? It is a matter of learning control. If you search the net you will find alot of sites describing the steps of learning control for premature ejaculation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes