Ask an expert

15 Oct 2008

My husband seems to stuggle to inpregnant me. I spoke to his twin brother and he is willing to be a donor to help out his brother and at least our child would have the same futures seeing they are identical twins. I don' t care having sex with his brother to get the child as its my husband I love and it won' t mean anything. My question is this what is the chances that his brother (unmarried) has the same problem?
Answer 386 views

01 Jan 0001

Given that they are identical, the chances are great that they would have similar problems, unless your husband sustained an injury to his groin at some point. Don't take any rash steps, have both of you checked out and exhaust all options first. If his brother were for some reason able to produce viable semen and your husband not, and assuming your husband agreed to this, you don't have to have sex with him anyway! As with women who have artificial insemination, you could obtain semen samples from him and have your husband insert them whilst being intimate. You would need medical advice as to how you do this to keep the sperm alive etc. but it is possible and probably the better option from a relationship perspective.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19962 votes