Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Jan 2010
Been married for 9 years and our sex life is very poor. My hubby' s father dissapointed him by having a fwe children out of wedlock while hubby' s mother had to work in order for them to survive. FIL didn' t want to work and sleep around while MIL was working. Eventually she divorsed him and they moved away, now that hubby is grown up he struggle to deal with that and he grew up with the thought of sex is dirty so much so that he struggle to get an erection. We ttc at the moment but most of the time as soon as its time to BD he can' t perform but when my cycle start then he he want sex every day. He went to a shrink who gave him some sort of excercises that was suppose to help but his not doing it. At the same time he says he wants our sex life to be normal but I don' t know anymore. I can' t see how I' m going to fall pregnant if he don' t get his mind around this. I tried everything I could think of, he even use medication but all he said is he can feel he is not going to have an erection so he don' t want to try. How can I get him to be available when its time.
Your hubby appears to have lots of 'sexual hangups' that are leftovers from his childhood and young years. I do not know wat the 'shrink' was, but I assume a psychiatrist if he gave him medication. Your husband should rather see a psychologist for a course of psychotherapy in order to sort his past out and also perhaps to work on your relationship.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Rare neurological condition linked to Covid infection in 21 countries
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | Flashy Eskom exec 'still owes us about a million bucks' says Pretoria builder
- US support on Covid-19 vaccine patents: This is how it happened
- SATURDAY PROFILE | From Sudan to SA: One man's journey from being called a spy to becoming a doctor
- Late interim leader’s son Misuzulu named Zulu king
- Did 'Vermeulen 4 Vunipola 0' influence Lions' selection shock?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20219 votes