Ask an expert

25 Jan 2010

Had enough
Been married for 9 years and our sex life is very poor. My hubby' s father dissapointed him by having a fwe children out of wedlock while hubby' s mother had to work in order for them to survive. FIL didn' t want to work and sleep around while MIL was working. Eventually she divorsed him and they moved away, now that hubby is grown up he struggle to deal with that and he grew up with the thought of sex is dirty so much so that he struggle to get an erection. We ttc at the moment but most of the time as soon as its time to BD he can' t perform but when my cycle start then he he want sex every day. He went to a shrink who gave him some sort of excercises that was suppose to help but his not doing it. At the same time he says he wants our sex life to be normal but I don' t know anymore. I can' t see how I' m going to fall pregnant if he don' t get his mind around this. I tried everything I could think of, he even use medication but all he said is he can feel he is not going to have an erection so he don' t want to try. How can I get him to be available when its time.
Answer 404 views

01 Jan 0001

Your hubby appears to have lots of 'sexual hangups' that are leftovers from his childhood and young years. I do not know wat the 'shrink' was, but I assume a psychiatrist if he gave him medication. Your husband should rather see a psychologist for a course of psychotherapy in order to sort his past out and also perhaps to work on your relationship.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.