Ask an expert

14 Jan 2013

PE Frustration
My husband and i are newlyweds. We have been married 2 years. My husband suffers from Premature Ejaculation which put me off sex for a long time. Recently i decided to try and encourage sex in an effort to make him last longer. I thought he was getting too excited due to the lack of intimacy.
Well, thats not helping. I cant remember the last time we had sex. Everytime seems like a quicky.

What can I as his wife do to help. Im going to loose my mind...
Answer 329 views

01 Jan 0001

Premature ejaculation can cause so much distress and frustration in a relationship. It is possible to get help for this condition but it would be best to discuss this with a practitioner who is trained to do so. They would want to discuss this issue with you and your husband. They would ask more detailed questions about the problem, whether it is something new and or always present, whether there could be medical condition which may cobntribute to the problem (eg hyperthyroidism). In some men there is a fear of an erectile dysfunction which may then lead to the premature ejaculation which needs to be discussed. Ways to treat PE would include psychotherapy, the use of a topical aneasthetic (lidocaine cream or spray) with the use of a condom, or oral drug therapy (SSRI) which are known to delay ejaculation. For further information please consult SASHA’s website at For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
30% - 9645 votes
70% - 22646 votes