Ask an expert

26 Feb 2003

Penis Problem
i have a complex of the size of my penis. i am 6 foot tall and have a 1.5 inch penis. is there anything i can do to increase my penis size without having to have surgery? have seen on xxx web pages there is a product called vprx does it work?
Answer 449 views

01 Jan 0001

Please remember that advertisements are designed to attract your attention so that you will purchase a product. I do not sell any product, and have no vested interest in anything except your health. The advertisers job is to sell products; therein lies the contradiction between my health-oriented position that penis size is not everything, and the ads out there that advertise about size increases and stronger penises and lengthy erections.

I can only imagine that what they are selling to healthy, normal males is a medical device designed for men with erection problems. Several devices have arrived on the market in recent years that allow you to get an erection by suction. The typical device consists of a plastic cylinder that fits over the penis. The man repeatedly presses a lever that pumps the air out of the cylinder. This creates a vacuum that draws blood into the penis, resulting in an erection. When you have a satisfactory erection, you remove the cylinder after placing a specially designed rubber band or tourniquet at the base of the penis. This holds the blood in the penis and keeps it erect during sex. The constrictor band should not be kept in place longer than thirty minutes.

These devices provide serviceable erections when you want them, and I imagine that they can also make your penis "bigger and stronger". There are no known side effects or complications, as long as you use the recommended constrictor band and keep it on your penis for no more than thirty minutes. A one time fee can range from R750-1000.

See Bernie Zilbergeld's "A New Male Sexuality" for more information on the pumps as well as penis size. Zilbergeld writes, "I realize that there are advertisements in magazines claiming that Product X or Y will make your penis larger. You can waste your money on such things if you want, but your penis will remain as it is. Is there any chance that you can just accept it and move on?"

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20188 votes