Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Nov 2008
thrush after sex
my b/f and i had thrush i went to the gyne and got oral medication for both of us to take it worked well and cleared up. but now we have noticed everytime we have sex we both get thrush, very itchy and sore. when we avoid sex we are both fine. why does this happen and can we be allergic to each' s others body fluids? thak u
Thrush can return after treatment and can be a very difficult thing to get rid of. It is unusual that both you and your boyfriend experience. These symptoms, as it is normally more difficult for a guy to get thrush than for a woman. There are a variety of treatments available for this, which include changing your diet and removing all yeasts from your diet. Most interventions work to a limited degree. I suggest you return to your gynaecologist, and get prophylactic treatment, that you can use to keep the thrush away.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
- Ralph Mathekga | Madikizela qualification scandal: Rather don't lie
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20001 votes