Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 May 2004
My boyfriend and I were together for a year, split up and are back together after 2 years apart. In the time we were apart, I had a boyfriend and was sexaully active with him. My ex was also active with a girl with a very bad reputation. Now, since we were back together and we had sex, I constantly have a bad/weird smell around my sexual organs, especially after menstruation. I am now having a bloodish stuff coming out my women parts and it causes the smell to be even worse. What can it be? Just an infection or can it be an STD from my boyfriends ex sleeping partner. I need your advice urgently please. It's getting out of hand.
Please see your GP, Nurse practitioner or Gynea ASAP. It sounds like Bacterial Vaginosis, could be a STI, but you need treatment. Don't delay seek help.
Dr Elna McIntosh
Dr Elna McIntosh
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20280 votes