Ask an expert

15 Aug 2011

restless sleep

My husband moves around in his sleep and cant keep still, his muscles twitch and he has to constantly move.

He has discovered that tramacet helps. This is a painkiller and I would like to know wether he can take these on a permanent basis or is there an alternative that is safer that might help?

Kind Regards

Answer 416 views
Sleep Expert
sleep expert

01 Jan 0001

There are probably better alternatives. Tramacet may be good if he is moving because of an underlying pain condition. Otherwise one is concerned about the possibility of side-effects if he uses it over the long term.

He should rather see a sleep doctor to work out what the most effective treatment is likely to be.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.