Ask an expert

01 Oct 2007

stress fracture
I had a stress fracture in my pubic radius 2 years back because of running. I'm training again, but there is still some uncomfort there. Is there any medication I can take to make my bones stronger. I'm already taking Osteoeze MSM.
Answer 521 views
Sports Nutrition
Sports nutrition

01 Jan 0001

Hi Rene

Sorry to hear about your injury. What concerns me is that you are still plagued by the injury after such a long time. It is imperative that you visit your Doctor again to re-diagnose the condition.

In the sports arena we usually recommend sufficient rest for stress injuries to enhance the recovery. Also an increase in calcium intake – bear in mind that the density of bone can be affected until around the age of 29 – which means if you are still younger than 29 additional calcium intake could have a beneficial affect to strengthen the bones by making it denser. Please spare your diet some thought as being nutrient deficient could be a reason for slow recovery.

Taking Osteoeze to rebuild the collagen is great – make sure you are consuming a minimum of 750 mg Chondrointin per day – if not increase the dose. I know some people even take double that amount. Additionally take 1000-2000 mg omega 3 oil (salmon oil) to assist with the inflammation.

Good luck and take care.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.