Ask an expert

25 Jan 2006

Guilty as Charged
So, I drank to much this weekend, and cheated on my bf of 7 months who is currently out-of-state until April 30th. I value our relationship a lot (Although it currently may not seem that way) and afterwords, I felt really guilty about what I did. I plan on telling him when he gets back, and if it ruins our relationship, that's my fault. He didn't deserve that, but lately he hasn't been the nicest person, he flat out told me he didn't miss me (it's been a week and 3 days) because he's been too busy. Whenever he's rude like that I don't feel so guilty. Problem is, this other guy likes me. And while I did when we first met, (yeah, a whole like.... 4 times we meet) I'm not sure anymore. And I know this is terrible, but because he likes me, he'll buy me my cigs and alcohol and drive me places I need to go. And... well.... I kind of like that, and I'm kind of using him. He did, on the bright side, unknowingly help me with an eating disorder. I'm just not sure what to do, this new guy likes me whereas my actual bf seems kind of weird and... it's confusing.
Answer 337 views
Teen expert
teen expert

01 Jan 0001

Only you can decide who you want to be with, but if you are trying to choose between someone you feel doesnt miss you and is weird, and someone who makes you feel good because you are knowingly using them - neither of these are a good basis for a relationship.

Rather than cheating on your boyfriend because he says he didnt miss you, its better to end it. You also need to think about whether you really want to be with this other guy or whether he is simply a welcome distraction while your boyfriend is away.

On another matter I'm not sure what you mean by 'out-of-state' unless you are not from SA and you are talking about american states?

Think first about what you want, and also try and project slightly into the future and think about who you see yourself with. It may be neither of these guys!

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19306 votes