- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Jul 2020
Thank you for the question.
I am presuming you are referring to the TCP Mouth Wash and if so this contains a low concentration of phenol and is specifically indicated for the mouth and throat. Following this I do not believe that using TCP is a good idea to disinfect your derma roller. Ideally we would prefer an alcohol concentration of at least 70% to ensure complete sterilisation of the roller.
Generally the recommendation to clean and disinfect your derma roller would be to first wash it under some warm (not hot or boiling) running water for about 1 minute. Then let it soak in a soapy mixture for about 60 minutes so that all skin, protein and blood gets removed and dissolved off the needles.
If you can’t find 70% alcohol or isopropyl then an alternative would be hydrogen peroxide. Let the derma roller sit in this for another 60 minutes. Finally rinse off well under running water for another 1 minute and let it air dry.
I hope the above has helped.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
- ‘It was always there’: German envoy Martin Schäfer remembers Shoah survivor Veronica Phillips
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter