Ask an expert

30 Jul 2008

Ageing with beard?
I am a 35 year good looking female. My problem is that It seemsas I am getting older, I have hairgrowth under my chin, it was only about 4 hairs which I plugged out, but as the months goes by, it seems its getting more? Whats happening, growing a beard? So scared that it will be black stubbles? what can I do, what cause this? HELP!
Answer 387 views
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Bambi, thank you for the question.

This type of hair growth may be normal or it may be related to hormonal changes. My advice is to consult with your gynecologist or family doctor who can send your blood for analysis and thereby eliminate a medical cause. Once this has been established as being normal your best approach would be to undergo permanent hair reduction.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.