Ask an expert

10 Jul 2008

bikini bumps?
hi expert can u tell me, is there such a thing as permanent razor bumps? My bikini line has been bumpy for seemingly years, even when i let the hair grow a bit. What wld u recommend which would have a 'flattening' effect?

Answer 425 views
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Liya, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the area that concerns you and advise you on the appropriate treatment for the ‘bumps’ you have noticed. Unfortunately there are a number of different causes for raised lesions appearing on the skin and this makes it very difficult to give advice over the net. Furthermore, taking into consideration the length of time you have observed these bumps, I feel that the appropriate advise is for you to see a medical professional (dermatologist).
My apologies for not being able to help you more.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19420 votes