Ask an expert
Question

24 Jun 2010

JUVIDERM VOLUMA
HI DOC
IS IT TRUE THAT JUVIDERM ULTRA LASTS UP TO 5 YEARS?
I HAVE LINES ON MY CHEEKS WHEN I SMILE AND WAS TOLD BY A DERMATOLOGIST THAT IF THE USED THE ABOVE THAT IT WOULD LAST UP TO 5YEARS COMPARED TO THE NORMAL JUVIDERM.
Answer 769 views
Expert
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Sam, thank you for the question.

Juvederm Voluma and Ultra are manufactured by the same company but are 2 different products.

Juvederm Voluma studies have demonstrated that one can expect a minimum longevity of 18 months (1.5 years) while around 50% of patients achieve 24 month longevity (2 years). Voluma is only indicated for deep injection placement and volumising the face (cheek, chin, jaw line, nasolabial fold, etc) and not for fine lines.

Juvederm Ultra has been shown to last between 9 to 12 months and to be specific 75% of people injected with Ultra can expect 12 month longevity while the other 25% will start losing effect at 9 months.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.