Ask an expert

17 Aug 2007

Skin Care
Hello. i ahve only recently noticed that the skin doc forum is closed.
Hope you dont mind me posting here?
My question or query is that i have been using Yardley Oatmeal for Dry and Sensitive skin for about 10yrs now, and have recently found out that the product has reached end of life, my question to you is what product do you recommend i start using now?
Just for your info, i have very very sensitive skin and have tried numerous products that left my skin burnt and unmanageable.
Your help in this situation will be very much appriciated.

Answer 988 views
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Keri, thank you for the question.
I believe your best option would be to see a dermatologist for a consultation regarding your skin condition and to get advice on products you could use. You may also consider using the NeoStrata or Nimue range specifically for sensitive skin but I would first ask for samples and test them on your skin for any reactions. Nimue can be found at beauty salons while NeoStrata can be found at aesthetic doctors’ practices. You can phone Genop Pharmaceuticals (011) 545 6600, to find your closest doctor, or if you live in Cape Town please phone my office (021) 797 0960 as we stock both ranges. It is a good idea that you get an opinion from the place you are purchasing from, on your skin type and condition, as to what specific products you should use.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.